Dates and Deadlines for New Department Members
This page lists all the dynamic information in the Getting Started pages, i.e., all information that definitely changes from year-to-year: dates, deadlines, and certain changing web addresses.
This page is not specific to a particular type of person getting started; instead, it combines all dates and deadlines into one place. The main purpose is to help us quickly identify, when preparing these pages for the upcoming academic year, which pieces of information might need to be updated.
- Graduate student course and health insurance registration is available using UAccess Student starting mid April.
- First Week of July 2017: You should have received an e-mail from us by now giving you your new math department e-mail address and network account information.
- July 1, 2017: Graduate students must have RSVP'd regarding Integration Workshop.
- July 18, 2017: For students, Bursar bill is available online starting on this day.
- August 7, 2017: The new employee paperwork (loyalty oath, self-identification pages, I-9, W-4, A-4) must be received by us.
- August 7, 2017: By this day have appeared in person in Math Building Room 117 with your Social Security Card and an acceptable form of government-issued photo identification. Preferably do this the prior week! If the identification step happens after this date, we might be unable to pay you for the in-between days.
- Start-of-semester calendar can be viewed at http://internal.math.arizona.edu/resources/employees/getting-started/calendar, and includes the following important items:
- August 2, 2017: start-of-semester events for grad students (exams, workshops, orientations, trainings) start on this date.
- August 7, 2017: all mandatory meetings/workshops, whether re-scheduled or newly added, will take place on or after this date (for graduate students, there might also be extra mandatory meetings/workshops in the prior week). Housing and other relocation matters should be settled prior to this date.
- August 2-4, 2017: Math Qualifying Exams.
- August 3-7, 2017: Integration Workshop (for math graduate students).
- August 8-10, 2017: International grad student orientation.
- August 10,11 & 14, 2017: Department TA training.
- August 14, 2017 at 2:30pm in ENR2 s395: New employee orientation
- August 18, 2017 at 11:00am in Math Building, Room 101: Computing orientation
- August 14-17, 2017: Course meetings
- August 14, 2017: This is the first paid day of work for academic employees. This is also known as your “hire date” or “start date”. Benefits-eligible employees (faculty and staff) must attend Benefits Orientation and make Benefits enrollments within 30 days of their hire date.
- August 21, 2017: For students, Bursar bill must be paid by this date to avoid $50 late payment charge.
- August 21, 2017: First day of classes
- September 1, 2017: Day of the first paycheck for those who started on August 14, 2017